There are hundreds, if not thousands of scuba diving websites on the internet. If you type scuba diving in Google, the search results page throws up 36,600,000 pages. Of course, not all of these websites are worth it, and to be frank, most of them don’t receive decent internet traffic too. There is a lot of junk out there that is best avoided.
I have visited so many scuba review websites that I cannot count them anymore. Some of them of course stand out, because they are educational and fun. You will get so much value there that you will want to keep coming back again and again.
I have rounded up a list of some of the best scuba review websites you should visit. I am sure you will find them all most useful.
- Outdoorswim.com – This website is the finest resource you will find on best scuba masks, wetsuits, fins, water shoes for kids, waterproof cameras and every other piece of gear you might need for diving or snorkeling. You can read honest product reviews, and also learn about preparing for a dive, training, precautions, and other related issues. There are links for buying the best gears as well.
- Aquaviews.net – This is the online scuba magazine of the dive gear retailer LeisurePro. Here, you will find up to date scuba related stories, and there is also a section on the latest diving news from around the world. They also run regular raffles and giveaways you can enter for free.
- Scubaboard.com – Probably, this is the most active scuba diving forum you can find. There are separate sections on virtually everything related to diving. You will find sections for beginners, advanced, professional and technical diving. There is also a free classifieds marketplace where you can buy and sell gear. Check out the “hot deals” in this website.
- Scubadviser.com – This website is like the TripAdvisor for scuba diving. Though not as big, but you will find plenty of diving reviews including basic information on regions and reefs. It’s a great place for your research. You will surely enjoy this website.
- Underwatertimes.com – This is a news website that you might want to check out to find out what is happening in the world of scuba diving. There are sections on different geographical regions, on different dive related subjects, and even a section on “breaking news”.
- DTmag.com – This is the official website of the Dive Training magazine, an education-based publication that focuses on divers with various levels of training. There are hundreds of articles on all aspects of marine life and diving you can read, and it is completely free as well. You don’t have to subscribe to read up. It is so rich in information that you can spend hours here.
- Wetpixel.com – This website focuses primarily on underwater photography. You will want to visit this if you are keen about this and want to learn new things. There are camera reviews, tutorials and trip logs. The website has more than 5000 twitter followers and 3k+ facebook fans.
- Scubadiving.com – A website with such a premium domain name has to be a good one, at least, that’s what it is in most niches. Scubadiving.com will not disappoint you. This is a one-stop resource for information on how to scuba dive, scuba gear, dive travel, dive photos, videos, training, and more.
- Scubadiverlife.com – This is another must visit website. You will find photos, videos and loads of articles. You can plan your next dive here, and will also find diving gear. There is a very useful section on training too. Don’t worry if you do not have the time to go through all that stuff. Just see the “What’s Hot” section in this website.
- DiversAlertNetwork.org – A non-profit website, DAN offers divers insurance. Here, you will get all the information you need on scuba diving safety and related subjects. Don’t miss the Medical FAQ page where all questions on medical condition and diving are answered.